Earhart is a neighborhood magnet school that provides a student-centered learning environment and integrating district academic standards with environmental education. Ecosystems, including oceans, deserts, and grasslands, are taught in great depth to students and are woven into reading, math, and writing instruction. Students are taught to respect the environment and are equipped with the knowledge and skills to make sound environmental decisions. Outdoor experiences, such as environmental lab studies, field trips, camp days and overnight camping trips enhance the environmental aspects of the program because the classrooms are "taken outdoors". Family involvement plays a vital role in the support and excellence of the Earhart program. Earhart "grows" neat kids!
Directions to School:
Exit I-135 at 53rd St. Go west on 53rd to Arkansas Ave. Go south on Arkansas to Earhart. See Maps for all USD 259 locations.
Pre-Kindergarten Program: Yes
All-Day Kindergarten: 9 a.m. - 4:10 p.m.
Click here for the Earhart Handbook
“No Child Left Indoors”
We envision a school where all ….
· Stakeholders (staff, students, parents, community) will interact and collaborate through positive relationships.
· Stakeholders will feel safe, respected and engaged in an atmosphere that focuses on the core curriculums with fidelity as well as integrates environmental education.
· Stakeholders will be problem solvers to ensure differentiated instruction with passion and creativity towards real-life application of the curriculum, including emphasis on Environmental Education.
· Staff will continue to change and adapt as life-long learners to meet the different needs of our students with high expectations for all.
· Every staff member is responsible for every child.
· Everyone can and will learn
· High expectations are essential for success
· Everyone is entitled to a safe, supportive and nurturing learning environment
· Families provide an essential foundation for learning
· Everyone has worth and dignity and is treated with respect
· Change is inevitable and necessary; our response is intentional
· Environmental Education is vital to creating globally aware citizens in the 21st century